In today’s customer-centric market, being more customer-focused and delivering top of line customer service is a significant performance differentiator for any organisation.
This course aims to equip you with the mindset for providing excellent customer service, as well as the skills and competencies to deliver a customer experience that delights and exceeds expectations. Through experiential class activities and interactive discussions, you will also learn to define and understand the various needs of your organisation’s customers, and how you can exemplify excellent customer service standards in accordance to your organisation’s guidelines.
Learners who fulfil all requirements will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify your individual role and importance in enhancing customer experience
- Define the different types of customers and understand their needs, expectations, and requirements
- Demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of a service professional who delivers excellent customer service
- Create a positive customer experience by offering customized and personalized service that is aligned to the organization guidelines
Establishing the Customer Service Mindset
- Identify the individual’s role in delivering customer service.
- Understand the implication of one’s actions (and inactions) on the organization, and the importance of delivering excellent customer service.
Defining and Understanding Customers
- Recognise and describe the various groups of customers unique to the organisation.
- Understand the needs, expectations, and requirements from different stakeholders, namely, the organization, fellow employees and customers.
Creating a Positive Customer Service Experience
- Learn the service behaviours that support the qualities and characteristics of a service professional.
- Learn effective communication skills to handle challenging and difficult customers for service escalation and recovery (required situationally).
- Identify opportunities to delight customers and know when or what kind of customer and personalised services may be tailored to delight the customers.
The course will utilize an experiential learning methodology, in which you will be guided through interactive class discussions, role plays based on case studies, and self-reflections to understand how your actions (and inactions) can affect service excellence
Who should Attend?
This course is suitable for learners who are:
- Customer-facing staff
- Customer service representatives
- Aspiring service professionals
Learners are assumed to view service excellence as an important element to their success in their role. They want to learn how to best represent their organisation and exceed customers’ expectations in their daily work.
Learners are assumed to:
- have some experience working with customers previously
- Be able to listen, speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) level 4
- be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ WPL Level 4
Learners are assumed to know how to interpret social cues and body language
Mode of Delivery
Please contact us to check on the next available course date. Thank you!